• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New SD card, tried sbf, stuck at Droid eye.

rudybow

Nov 22, 2010
South Carolina
I bought a new sd card because I'm pretty sure my other was corrupted (music files that worked fine on my PC were all screwed up on the Droid X). I put in the new sd card and tried following SimsDelt's Gingerbread .602 tutorial to start all over. Seems to work fine until RSDLite does it's thing and reboots the phone, it gets stuck on the Droid Eye and stays there. I tried it with both sd cards and it does the same, not surprising though. Any ideas on what happened and how to fix it?

What were you on before you decided to sbf (602, 605?)

Sounds like you need to reboot into recovery for factory reset.

-When all is finished your phone will power off and back on... unplug it and pull the battery. Put the battery back in and hold down the home button while you power the device back on... keep holding the home button till you see a triangle with an exclamation point, then let go and hit both volume buttons at the same time to enter Recovery. Use the volume buttons to move down to "factory reset" press the Power button to select then scroll down to "yes" and press Power again. When it finishes (2 - 3 minutes) select "reboot" using the Power button again.
-it will reboot and take a while to do so.

You'll need to re-enter your Gmail account and setup your phone again, but your apps should reinstall from Market.

Upvote 0
Card doesn't matter, you could leave it out.

If you have a recovery backup on the old one, I'd use that and try to load my backup, o/w use the new one.

You didn't say why you sbf'd. Were you rooted?

When people want to start over, the factory reset is the way to go first. :D
I thought sbf was just a more thorough way to factory reset, I'd heard some things are still left on after factory resets. I was rooted at one time and started having more and more problems so I sbfed and just traded those problems for newer ones.

Upvote 0
Any time I've ever SBF'd and forgotten to wipe data, I get stuck at either the M or the Red Eye. Definitely go back into recovery (any) and wipe data and cache. You should pop right into the sign in screen once you reboot.
I did just as the instructions said and wiped the data/cache. There is another, partition maybe, you can choose to wipe, I wanted to but stuck to the instructions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones