• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New SGN 10.1 N8000

Merry Christmas everyone I got my new tablet worked fine until I uselected mobile network and they tried to reconnect and will not connect. Only will connect through WiFi . It recognizes the network and SIM card . It did work until I unchecked that box. I have a SGN 10.1 International Version Unlocked 3G . One more thing it says to check connection but I can not find the connection settings. If I do a factory reset will it be locked ? And unable to use my telus SIM card ?

Have you contacted you provider to make sure everything is ok on their side?

Do you have Mobile Data checked? Can you make calls, send text and your SIM is ok?

I have done trouble shooting with samsung and telus in conferance call everything is set up correctly. phone calls work and texting works. all samsung would say is they do not support products that are sold through amazon.com and i should contact amazon.com for support. i have done factory reset on one tablet and nothing. I can not see both tablets being defective.

Is there anyone on here that uses this tablet oin telus mobility ?

Upvote 0
It was to simple but took to long. after over any hr of trouble shooting and factory resets etc this is what was done to fix it .

In mobile networks go into apn
create a new apn
give it a name ( I used ISP TELUS )
then under APN put isp.telus.com
leave everything else the same do not change anything.

save the new apn and make it the default apn (green dot on the right)

as soon as i did this and i went to the home screen i saw a new icon in the bottom right H+ with up and down grey arrows which were not there before.

Must say thanks to telus support.

Upvote 0
As I said, APN.

Yes lol !!!! Its amazing how many of the tech deptment workers dont know proper apn settings I was fortinat to get a guy on my third xall to telus that actually wanted to help. Samsung guy wanted me to sent it back. And other telus csr did not want to help because they called it a grey area tablet (one they dont sell ) I told her if they sold tablets worth buying I would have got it from them but the only tablwt the sell is the BB playbook.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones