1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New sidebar - what is it?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by edenney, Jan 4, 2014.

1. edenney

edenney Newbie
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Ok, I have 2 Galaxy S3's on my family plan, one is mine and one is my nephew's who lives with me. Last week we both received the new Android 4.3 update, but he received and updated his the day before I even received my notification about it. So yesterday I look at his phone for the first time since he let it update and see that it's got a sidebar on it, which is on top of virtually everything at all times, except some 3rd party apps. I don't have that sidebar on my 4.3 S3, and there's NOTHING on the sidebar that identifies it as to what it is, nor does it doesn't provide any means of getting rid of it when you open it up. I don't know whether it's a new Samsung system app, an Android 4.3 function, or some 3rd party app that got installed with 4.3. Can someone please tell me what's launching this stupid thing and how to get rid of it? I'm sure some love it, and to each their own, but I want it GONE.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Larzuk

Larzuk Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 2, 2011
    Male
    Only thing I can think of is Multi Window sidebar is activated within the Display menu...Again that can be toggled off in Settings>Display>Multi-Window.

If that is not it, I'm sorry, I do not know what else it could be..Maybe someone else may be of more help.

Good Luck.

XplosiV and funkylogik like this.
  3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    Yeah it will be the multiwindow (split screen) function.
    just hold the back button to toggle it

XplosiV likes this.
  4. edenney

edenney Newbie
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    That was it! It's a new technology/functionality, so it never even occurred to me that the sidebar tool (which is actually the multi window) could be triggered by one of the menu options at the top of the screen when you pull the window down. He must've goofed around and turned it on. Thanks a lot for the suggestion!