• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New SIM card

oquinones

Mar 24, 2010
Hey guys. Quick question. I am getting a new SIM card to replace the SIM card that I have to fix my phone issues not receiving phone calls. Should I odin back to factory 1.5 when I go to the T-mobile store so they can't tell that I put a rom on it or they won't care? Thanks in advance.

Loading custom roms voids your warrenty so if they want they could tell you to kick rocks, but the sim card is not part of the phone and tmo usually has no problem handing them out like candy. After all without a sim you can't use the phone so they kinda need to make sure all users have a working one. I mean, hell, I have three new ones myself just sitting here as you get a new one with every phone you buy. I really don't think you need to worry because in all likelyhood they will not even look at your phone.

Reactions: oquinones
Upvote 0
If your worried about it, just turn the phone off before you go into the store, and take the sim card out. And go at a reasonably busy time. Basically just encourage them to just hand it to you, so they won't want to stand there while your phone boots up. I wouldn't worry too much about it, for the sim card it really doesn't matter and I'd doubt the average tmo employee would notice a rom.

Reactions: oquinones
Upvote 0
Ok thanks guys. I will be going to the store on Wednesday when I'm off. I had actually already went to the store before to get a new SIM for my wife's Blackberry and the guy that was there changed it himself. The store that is closest to me though isn't very busy so hopefully they will let me put it in myself...

Upvote 0
Good news! I was able to get the SIM switched without anyone noticing. I also asked the person there about some problems that I was having with the phone sending text messages twice a couple of days after it was initially sent. She proceded to tell me that it's a Behold 2 problem and that is the reason that they are going to discontinue selling Behold 2's. I asked her if there was any way if I got get it switched out for another phone and she told me that she wasn't supposed to tell me this but if I called Customer service and tell them about my problem they will send me another Behold 2 and to do this 3 times and after the 3rd time they will let me pick any phone that I want to replace it. I was like awesome! So I will be calling in tomorrow and start the process so I can get the Slide.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones