1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General New SKYPE STUPID!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ProxisTech, Aug 8, 2011.

1. ProxisTech

ProxisTech Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    Not only is it useless because the front camera doesn't work..but its still only landscape mode for video...no portrait. Those 2 things make it pretty useless. Not sure what the heck they are thinking over there? I guess you CAN use landscape BUT its awkward and difficult. Portrait should be available as an option. But no front camera? Whats the point?! How stupid!

Advertisement

2. Dantastic

Dantastic Newbie
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    The problem wih the front facing camera is with froyo. When rooted and running gingerbread, the front camera works just fine on the thunderbolt.

3. milan03

milan03 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    New York City
    I had that first version of Skype side loaded a few months ago, and the front facing camera worked perfectly fine. That's just an excuse most likely made by Verizon.

Flyguy94 likes this.
  4. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    Male
    Computer Programmer
    I have to agree (at least in part)... I mean, it WAS capable of working fine, and not requiring GB to do it. However, it's possible that Skype has changed the way they have it, and now don't have the support for it until then. Regardless of who's fault it is though, it is frustrating to know that something that DID work, now doesn't.