• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
The update showed up in Kias then it vanished out of the blue. I assume either there was some kinda flaw in the update or maybe accidental release?

Accidental release is what I'm leaning toward. I can understand a gradual roll-out of updates to phones so as to not overwhelm the carriers' networks, but it seems strange to do a phased roll-out for Wi-Fi devices.

As of this morning, BTW, I still do not have the update. I'm on 4.0.4, which I got over a month ago.

Upvote 0
Bought mine at the end of last week. It's 4.0.3.
Want to search on internet to see if we'll get Jellybean or not, as Google says they made this one more buttery or something like that.

Update : found this about the subject :
Galaxy Tab 2: Samsung is already ready with their update and waiting for some UI mods and few enhancement. They will be releasing Jelly Bean update for their new Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and 10.1 by August 2nd week just after the Motorola Xoom update.Custom Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 (source : Tablets that will get Android Jelly Bean update : Tips For Droid)

Upvote 0
Want to search on internet to see if we'll get Jellybean or not, as Google says they made this one more buttery or something like that.

Galaxy Tab 2: Samsung is already ready with their update and waiting for some UI mods and few enhancement. They will be releasing Jelly Bean update for their new Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and 10.1 by August 2nd week just after the Motorola Xoom update.Custom Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 (source : Tablets that will get Android Jelly Bean update : Tips For Droid)

Considering that target date was a month ago, I do question the credibility of that source. That being said: I can't imagine Samsung not giving us Jelly Bean. The Galaxy Tab 2 line isn't even a year old at this point, and, aside from the Galaxy Note 10.1, the Tab 2s are their only tablets on the market.

Plus, let's face it: if the several year-old Motorola Xoom already has Jelly Bean (4.1.1 to be precise), Samsung is going to alienate a LOT of users if they keep us on ICS!

Upvote 0
Considering that target date was a month ago, I do question the credibility of that source. That being said: I can't imagine Samsung not giving us Jelly Bean. The Galaxy Tab 2 line isn't even a year old at this point, and, aside from the Galaxy Note 10.1, the Tab 2s are their only tablets on the market.

Plus, let's face it: if the several year-old Motorola Xoom already has Jelly Bean (4.1.1 to be precise), Samsung is going to alienate a LOT of users if they keep us on ICS!

You have to also take into consideration the different sizes of tablets Samsung has. Each update is relative to their perspective units.

Upvote 0
That is very true, but in this situation there's no reason to think GT2 owners will or should get the short end of the stick with regards to Jelly Bean. The XOOM's update proves that 4.1.1 is ready for 10 inch screens, and Nexus 7 proves the OS is ready for 7 inch screens.

At this point, it's a question of how long will Samsung make us wait. I imagine it will have to be in the very near future. If the iPad Mini rumors are true, Samsung will have to put their existing Tabs on the latest Android OS or else risk losing people to something more state-of-the-art and current.

Just my two cents of course.

Upvote 0
Just to follow up on haelewyn's post with that link to devices getting Jelly Bean, read the last several comments at the bottom of the page where users are calling out the site for the inaccurate GT2 date of early August.

Sounds like they're trying to backpedal and claim they were talking about both official (OTA) and non-official (rooted custom OS ROMs) in their schedule. First, they made no clear differentiation in their article that some information pertained to rooted users. Second, including custom ROMs means that the article is incorrectly titled and should be "Tablets That Can Run..." and not "Tablets That Will Get..."

In any event, their credibility on this matter seems to be nil at this point.

Upvote 0

Galaxy Tab 2: Samsung is already ready with their update and waiting for some UI mods and few enhancement. They will be releasing Jelly Bean update for their new Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and 10.1 by August 2nd week just after the Motorola Xoom update.Custom Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy Tab 2

----------------------------

FYI IMO

notice the words "their new Galaxy Tab 2 7.0"

There is a 'NEW' version of the GT2 7.0, it is being carried by Verizon and it has a 1.2 gHz processor.

However, I hope we do eventually get JB on our older GT-P3113 models of this tablet. But it's prob best not to hold our breath.

Luck To All.

Upvote 0
----------------------------

FYI IMO

notice the words "their new Galaxy Tab 2 7.0"

There is a 'NEW' version of the GT2 7.0, it is being carried by Verizon and it has a 1.2 gHz processor.

However, I hope we do eventually get JB on our older GT-P3113 models of this tablet. But it's prob best not to hold our breath.

Luck To All.

Nice catch! I hadn't thought about the Verizon 4G version. That very well could be the GT2 that's being referenced. Still doesn't change the nature of the site's responses and backpedaling in the comments section, but that could solve the mystery of which Tabs are getting Jelly Bean.

Although if the 4G version is getting JB, I can't see how the Wi-Fi version won't. The specs are not all that different. Time will tell, I suppose.

Upvote 0
I bought the GT2 SE last week. It came with 4.0.3 and update notice out of the box, yesterday, I updated the system to 4.0.4 w/o any problems. Today, I got another notification of a system update. After installing it, it now seems to be frozen at Android is Upgrading, optimizing applications 1 of 83!!! The first time through yesterday, it seemed to chunk through the optimizing step methodically. Now something doesn't seem right. Any suggestions? Now I'm thinking I got a duplicate notification somehow. Reboot?

...Okay, found the answer on another forum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones