1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New Tablet .. Have questions!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by JeRmZ, Dec 28, 2011.

1. JeRmZ

JeRmZ Lurker

I got a Velocity Cruz T408 Tablet for Christmas and I have a question on how to do something.

I am transferring movies (mp4) from my computer to the tablet, but I can not get the movies to store on my Micro SD card. When I connect the tablet via USB to my computer only the tablets internal memory shows.

Once I have the movie saved on the tablet, I can't move the file to my SD card either???

Anyone have any ideas? I have a 4GB SD card that I'd like to use to store a few movies at a time but can't figure it out!!

Thanks,
    JeRmZ

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Are you certain your tablet sees your SD card? Do you have anything stored on the card? If the card is new to your tablet, sometimes you need to have the tablet format the SD card so it can be recognized and written to. I am only taking a guess.
    Good luck.

3. JeRmZ

JeRmZ Lurker

I can only assume so ... when I go into Settings>Storage .. the SD card shows and the tablet tells me I have 3.69GB of available space to use on the card.

But when I connect the tablet via USB that SD file does not show.

4. JeRmZ

JeRmZ Lurker

Now that I have had some time to tinker with this I don't think the Tablet is actually recognizing the SD card .... I can't unmount it, I can't format it and I can't transfer any downloaded apps to it. Something is not jiving!