• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New tablet wifi woes!

pauleden

Nov 18, 2010
Guys, I just bought a Disgo Tablet 7000 for my daughter for Christmas, but it's giving no end of trouble, particularly with the wifi. It's running Android 2.3.

It simply refuses to stay connected to my home wifi and won't connect at all unless all the encryption is off. I usually use WPA2 Personal with AES.

It will cycle endlessly through scanning - connecting- disconnected. rinse and repeat.

I've got a Desire HD which happily uses the wireless and I connected the tablet using identical settings, to no avail. Windows laptops and a bridge happily connect to the router.

I'm not using any mac filtering and there's lots of room on the DHCP. I've specifying a static IP on the tablet but doing that makes no difference.

Please help me to not disappoint my little girl. :)

Paul

I've seen this happen and it frequently fixes with a router reboot.

None of us have ever figured out why - this even happens with iDevices, so maybe it's something about mobile.

Anyway - it's worth a try. :)

I've seen it happen before too. In fact it happened with my Desire HD. If only I could remember the magic to make it work! :) I do remember moving the router to DD-WRT helped a lot AND having the Desire on a static IP, but this doesn't seem to help with this new tablet.
Let's try another router reboot. :)

Upvote 0
OK, I give up. I'm not wasting more of my Christmas holidays on this junk.

I did have it connected for a couple of hours and managed to get a couple of things installed on it, but it absolutely refused to take Kindle, which it absolutely must have for us. Then, suddenly and inexplicably, it dropped the wireless connection and wouldn't pick it up again.

It's back in it's box and is going back to play.com next week.

Upvote 0
Hi all. I have a Disgo 7000 and this too won't connect to the WiFi - doesn't pick up any routers in my area (and there are quite a few). Did anyone ever find out a way of resolving this problem?

Regards

Scooter

I think this is one of the perils of cheap off-brand Chinese tablets, sometimes you're lucky and the wifi works properly, sometimes you're not. Suggest you RMA it for replacement or refund under warranty.

I'm sure Disgo is just a house brand of Dixons Retail plc, and is not the actual manufacturer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones