• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New task manager from Samsung Apps

snapper.fishes

Android Expert
Jul 13, 2010
Not sure how long it's been up, but Samsung has released a new version of the task manager. Download it from Samsung apps (from your phone). Changes include a new tab called RAM. You can now clear up your RAM according to two levels.

I recommend that you only use Level 1 since level 2 kills some essential apps (like your widgets), meaning that they have to be relaunched again, consuming power and CPU cycles.

just updated mine its there any where you can i find the instuctions to find out what each thing does

Well the first tab is just like your average task killer, except it doesn't allow you to kill background processes. The second tab allows you to uninstall apps without going into settings. The 3rd tab as I said allows you to clear up your RAM by killing apps and background processes. The 4th tab..., well, just click on it.

Btw, it's a widget. So you need to add it to your home screen first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones