1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New Text Messaging Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jdawg0024, Jan 19, 2010.

1. jdawg0024

jdawg0024 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    Heres the issue, I have recently noticed that my Sprint HTC Hero (Stock and unrooted) has been receiving texts in a weird way. I doesnt notify me when the screen is off. If I turn on the screen I will receive notification as soon as I turn the screen on, but when I look at the time stamp it is usually old. Like 5 minutes or so. It doesnt do this all the time, just today I left my phone in my car (so I could charge it) while I was at work when I went out to my car the light was blinking and when i turned on the screen it said I had 2 texts, however, just as I get off work I responed back to my friends and when I got home when I looked at the phone nothing was going on. I turn the screen on and then my phone vibrates and notifies me but the time stamp on the text is 10 minutes old. Any one else having this issue.

FIXED: Please see my new post at the bottom.

Advertisement

2. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Strange. Reboot the phone.

Stock messaging app or different one? Have multiples installed? Are you receiving MMS? Are you roaming?

Update your PRL.

3. jdawg0024

None

Nov 11, 2009
    Sorry I could have been a little bit more detailed. Have rebooted the phone, just updated the the PRL and rebooted the phone agian. Using stock message app and dont have any others installed. Yes I am receiving "MMS" and no I am not roaming.

Got off the phone from tech support (No help). I have sent text messages from the sprint web site and my phone did receive them while the screen was off. So I will just wait to see when my friends send me a text if my phone receives it while in sleep mode. This is the most inconsistent issue I have had.

4. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Strange, I just plugged mine into a charger, in doing so it turned on my screen and I immediately got a voice-mail notification. Never had a missed call either...

I have also updated PRL.

5. eyebeam

eyebeam Android Expert
    None

This does happen to me on occation. Exact same symptoms and it's really annoying. I haven't found a fix for it yet.

Handcent, Not rooted, not roaming. PRL update does not solve. Reboot usually does. :thinking: And yes, it's also happened with the stock messages app.

Any solution would be greatly appreciated.

6. aclark414

aclark414 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 13, 2009
    Ohio
    I have experienced this as well. Rooted, running Fresh 1.1, stock Hero text app. It also happens with email somtimes. Again, stock email app.

7. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    You will not receive MMS notifications (until the screen is on) unless your mobile internet is on.

Dunno if it's a glitch or not.

8. jdawg0024

None

Nov 11, 2009
    I wasnt talking about "MMS", but I have always gotten "MMS" weather the screen was on or not, just started having "SMS" issues, but now all if fine.

I went to the Stock Message app then pressed menu/settings then pressed menu again and clicked restore to default settings (even though the only setting in there I have ever changed was the notification sound). Now all is working have received many messages and my phone alerts me while in sleep mode.

9. dhowell91

dhowell91 Newbie
    None

Oct 14, 2009
    I have the same problem seemingly at random. Rooted with fresh 1.1 using chompSMS. Doesn't happen often but annoying when it does.

Tags: