1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New Things You Found With Recent Update ...Post Here

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BlueMuscles, May 17, 2011.

1. BlueMuscles

BlueMuscles Android Enthusiast

Anyone else notice anything new ?

PS: I'll update this first post as people discover any new charms :D

nootrak4 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. traajik

traajik Android Enthusiast

sometimes it seems like you might have to hold the button down, it' actually seems pretty flaky still sometimes it takes random multiple homekey-pressing. Sorry to get our hopes up. ( but i haven't had to hit the power button in over an hour & 1/2 )

Slickerthansli likes this.
  3. BlueMuscles

No problem here and I don't even have to press it hard..just a light tap
    and works everytime.

4. betsuni78

betsuni78 Well-Known Member

i like being able to wake up my screen without hitting the power button... i have the power button set to end phone calls... and yeah i accidentally ended a few calls because the screen was black.... haha

5. nootrak4

nootrak4 Member

How do you reassign buttons?

This is something i use to love about WM Back in the days.

But i would really like to know what the hack this update do for us and them. I cant find anything on it online or calling Metro. Metro reps are Dumb as a stick and they don't even know there is a update. what i don't understand is how they are doing this with out our consent or with out even asking permission to install this update. I have never seen a Carrier do this or anyone for that matter. I mean is there something in there terms that say they can update your handset with out your consent. I guess they are just taking advantage of the demographics of metro customers. But they should be very careful as they are attracting a different demographic with this phone.

6. BlueMuscles

Yes it's in the TOS.

Time for my cocoa cheerios snack ...it's the Bomb !

confed likes this.
  7. sreum

sreum Android Enthusiast

And Nootrak,,,,,,,,yes they can do this and yes it is in the contract.
    Actually they have the rights to move you onto a new phone if your phone is out dated. Thats not our case, but they are trying to "fix" their network for all users and this just happens to be their so called fix. Well see how much it fixes.

Kind of like the whole switch thing that happened with TV's back in the days. you had no choice.

8. ciper

ciper Android Enthusiast

confed likes this.
  9. bleetness

bleetness Well-Known Member

Uh, My connection has gotten kinda slower honestly. Earlier in the morning I got a text with no subject or sender info. Is this how they're sending OTA updates?

10. BlueMuscles

No..it just popped up while I was messing with my phone and a message came up for the update..it wasn't a text.

It just took control of my phone .

11. Rominucka

Rominucka Well-Known Member

Ran a benchmark test since the update and scored an 1128 instead of my normal 1070.

12. Haha I didn't even know I got this update. I thought it was just updating a bunch of apps (it was doing that too). Also I didn't think that rooted phones would update, but I have all the changes you guys described.

13. tiede

tiede Android Expert

did you swap out the sdcard from the phone as well?
    I'm trying to figure out how they are "flagging" those to be updated, so maybe there's something on the original SD card we don't know about?

14. Shatterproof

Shatterproof Android Enthusiast

Im in Detroit and still havent received my update yet, my phone is rooted and i have removed all the bloatware but the mail@metro app and i replaced the old sd card with a new one.

15. BlueMuscles

Maybe it's the card ..

I have the oem card and got the update.

Those that didn't get update do you have the oem card or not ?

16. traajik

traajik Android Enthusiast

i rooted and removed everything, then 1 click unroot.im in oakland county. i have the card that came with my phone. Sadly i havent even looked to get a new one. i dont even know where it is on this phone. id imagin in the back under the battery somewhere?

17. kkoshko

kkoshko Newbie

I'm from D town and I have the original card and i still haven't got the update. I was rooted with bloatware removed but just this morning unroot back to stock.

18. Shatterproof

When I get off wrk im going to put the old sd card back in and see what happens, its worth a shot lol!!! I already tried everything else other then being patient hahaha!!! I will update what happens, if anything.

Edit:
    After thinking about it for a min I dnt think the SD card has anything to do with it. They have to knw that ppl have replaced that card for one with more memory so that cant be it.

19. kkoshko

kkoshko Newbie

i dont think the updae is here for us...i havent heard of anyone from mi getting the update!

20. Shatterproof

I just got off the phone with Metropcs (30min call) after getting put on hold about 5times lol!! She said that her supervisors told her that Metropcs is in the process of sending everyone the update but it will take time 2reach everyone, she also said I could take my phone 2 a corporate store and have it done. I had tell her 2 google about it b4 she even knew what I was talking about, then she called her supervisor and told me everything lol!

21. In detroit, 16gb card, rooted with metro apps froze, I have the update. I think u aren't supposed to delete the metro apps to get their updates, correct me if I'm wrong

22. sreum

sreum Android Enthusiast

Im around Detroit metro area. Still no update for me. Im totally stock/factory indulge also. Im pissed.

23. Shelacious

Shelacious Newbie

Great. I might go after work, since I can go to the TJs nearby.

24. Shatterproof

I would call first if u can, just 2make sure :D u knw how Metro is lmao!!!

Samsung Galaxy Indulge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Indulge release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews