• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Tmobile Phone straight to MetroPCS?

I plan on buying the Note 4 to use on my Metro service, how do you go about buying it straight out from Tmobile? Do you just go into a Tmobile store and purchase it? I don't think they give you that option to order/preorder it online unless you purchase a plan with them. What about BB, Costco etc that sell Tmobile phones can you purchase it right out from there or does it have to be from an actual Tmobile store?

Upvote 0
I plan on buying the Note 4 to use on my Metro service, how do you go about buying it straight out from Tmobile? Do you just go into a Tmobile store and purchase it? I don't think they give you that option to order/preorder it online unless you purchase a plan with them. What about BB, Costco etc that sell Tmobile phones can you purchase it right out from there or does it have to be from an actual Tmobile store?
You can buy it unlocked from amazon newegg and plenty of online retailers. If best buy has it unlocked in stock please believe you can buy it there. I am also sure that you can just go and buy the device in store full price and have it unlocked by its unlocking app.

Buying unbranded and unlocked devices are a new thing for a lot of users on metro.

Reactions: Kat58
Upvote 0
Yes it will work. It doesnt have to be unlocked if its a tmobile branded phone.

What Timmy says.

South-Park-Timmy!!!.jpg

Agreed

Upvote 0
Can a person buy a NEW Tmobile phone and put it on MetroPCS service right out of the box?

Thanks!
Yes you can use a T-Mobile phone without unlocking it with Metro PCS without any problems. I bought my LG G2 with T-Mobile, used it for a couple of months and then switched to Metro. T-Mobile would not sell me the phone without getting a line first.

Upvote 0
You can buy it unlocked from amazon newegg and plenty of online retailers. If best buy has it unlocked in stock please believe you can buy it there....Buying unbranded and unlocked devices are a new thing for a lot of users on metro.

You response implies that the TMobile phone must be unlocked. Is that what you mean?

I am also sure that you can just go and buy the device in store full price and have it unlocked by its unlocking app.
How does one identify the "unlocking app"? Is this app free?

Upvote 0
I just received the Galaxy Note 4 from t-mobile. I bought it at full price. I called up t-mobile and told them to cancel my service, could only buy it with a plan. They told me that they have a 20 day "buyers remorse" policy before they can cancel it. They told me that as long as I don't use the t-mobile sim card they provided, I can call up after 20 days and they would cancel my account.

It seems to me that the real issue would be the t-mobile sim card and not the Note 4 itself. I could call MetroPCS and give them the IMEI number, they put it into their system, and I can just install my Metro Sim card?

Just would like to ask those people with the knowledge on this before I call up MetroPCS

Upvote 0
Im in this same exact predicament..I did the same thing with my note 3... the prob is making a deposit last year.. and im trying to avoid that... so what I have gathered is that Amazon and Best Buy are not carrying the T Mobile note 4 currently and T Mobile doesn't sell it without service so I am still looking around to see if I can find it off contract

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones