• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root new to all this trying too root a SAMSUNG GALAXY SPH-D700 WITH KEYBOARD

Hello.
I have been trying for the past 3 mos. to root my SAMSUNG SPH-D700
WITH NO LUCK (been doing it on my own) after reading for two months
About moving phones from one carrier to other. This is where I'm at and what I know about my phone ... I Have a SAMSUNG SPH-D700 I have tried rooting with all this
SUPERONECLICKV2.3.3-SHORTFUSE, ROOT-ANDROID, ODIN, SUPERUSER "I BELIEVE EVERY SUPER OUT THERE" THE ONE THAT GOT ME THE BEST WAS ROOTANDROID .. ODIN.. AND SUPERONECLICK.. THE ONE IM TRYING TO USE NOW .. HERE'S THE PROBLEM ...
ITS A SPRINTPCS CELL IT WAS ON THERE BLACK LIST AND I MADE THEM REALLY MAD AT ME
AFTER MOS. I WAS ABLE TO FLASH IT ONLY TO A CARRIER CALLED THING.
JUST TO GET IT OUT OF SPRINT HANDS WHAT ID like to do now is rooted it and flash
It to boostmobile I have the MSL CODE all the old info for the SGS SPH-D700 AS FOR INTERNET I only have wifi or the phones data so if there's a better remote root that you know of I would be HAPPY to follow along your steps here the phone info
SAMSUNG GALAXY S EPIC 4G SPH-D700
FIRMWARE:: 2.3.6 .. BUILD:: GINGERBREAD.FC09. AS FOR NETWORKING I HAVE A WINDOWS XP. BUT I ONLY HAVE WIFI AND ITS NOT THAT GOOD REMOTELY ROOTING MIGHT BE BETTER BUT IDK .. IF YOU NEED MORE INFO PLEASE PLEASE ASK I KNOW I LEFT OUT SOMETHING THINK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND FOR READING .
TRYING TO ROOT/FLASH TO BOOSTMOBLIE WITH A SAMSUNG SPH-D700 AND ONLY HAVE POOR WIFI

OK now superuser tells me I need update.zip I do that put it in SD card like it said did the recovery now it can't use it cuz signature verification failed and it also failed to verify whole - file signature not to say clockwork rom don't have privileged to do anything can someone just tell me what I'm doing wrong. Please
Error occurred flashing ur recovery
Failed to verify whole-file signature
Signature verification failed
Rom needs privileged commands
keycharmap file can't open
Can someone that knows how to fix this please I'm sick of looking at my phone ... Think You

Upvote 0
Hi Jarrod and welcome to Android Forums!

First of all, I will save you some typing by moving this to the Epic 4G "All Things Root" sub-forum. There we can get more experienced eyes on the problem and get you up & running quickly.

Second, unless I missed something it sounds to me like you're trying to install a custom recovery without really being rooted. Installing Super User won't do it. Unless you have root access, you will get that "ROM need privileged commands" line.

Third, good luck. Hope you get rooted and running quickly. It's great to have you here!

Reactions: jarrodneel
Upvote 0
So should I start over. Again on su fix it stops at gaining root and tells me need update.zip and I have about five times now in five files along with su- 3 to su-3 111 some of them say bump I stated using titanium backup with su update with supersu and superuser oh and root checker .. Athenian was reading about root for dumplings so I have those too that's about 4 file I guess Iv lost it cuz that did not work so I tried something where you use sgs kernel flasher astrodile Mgr that just went south you would think with all the apps and programs and file I'd have it but nope I did flag it to a new carrier but don't ask me how I did that but that's where I'm at now THX for reading

Upvote 0
It's important to note super SU does not root the phone. What it does is give apps that require root access permission to access the protected system files. It sounds to me like you are not yet rooted.

The good, friendly folks here in the Epic 4G forum will help you find the correct root exploit to get you on your way. Good luck!

Reactions: jarrodneel
Upvote 0
Think you all for you help I really am thankful ...
OK so I did http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=34469629
Go there and did everything got hung up on setupconnection but read some post and made it ..
well almost I left the room with the phone plugged into Odin well mylove need a phone and UN plugged it now the phone has a picture of a phone triangle (orange) and a computer .. I plugged it back in and restated ODIN got the yellow box did the PDA. But now it will not move from recovery.bin PLEASE WHAT DO I DO IS IT GONE OR CAN IT BEFIXED

Upvote 0
Did the wipe ad restart got the digging android Guy thing. But cannot get the computer to recognizethe phone and I don't get anything in the box for odin . That was this morning

I unplugged everything let the phone go black turn computer back on tired to turn phone on nothing. Tired recovery did not work this time but it did go into downloading got they yellow box restarted Odin just like the first time and it stopped at recovery.bin again do I need to do a new rom I'm using cwm-5.0.2.7.-epic4g.tar

Upvote 0
Before i could use the link I plugged my phone into mylaptop to try it one more time with a new download file I was reading where if you put a pit and PDA I have the link in a email well now the phone has no power so I let it sit without the battery or SD in it th I pu back in still no power so I charged over night was going to take out the battery and SD card and see if I can get it into downloading and try and find a good hard unbrick the ones that I have been seeing the files are out of date .. you got any advic on what I should do at this point?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones