• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Android... 1.5; Where are the 3D Games?

Get a Nintendo DSi.

You know... I love comments like this.... I, like most of you here I am sure, buy these amazing phones because of what they can do or at least what we believe this capable of doing. I am new to Android and with my Pre, we were recently introduced to 3D gaming from EA and Gamloft and other dev's as well. I enjoyed the games as the helped me pass time between this and that.

I own a few PC's, a 360, a Wii and my children have there DS's... were covered on that end and I don't believe getting a DSi solves nor answers my original post. I like Android, just shocked that nothing like this exists on 1.5 is all and I don't know what is offered on 2.0 and above. I moved over to Android from my Pre because I revered Android to be superior and to know the Pre out does Android in this category surprised me. Again thanks for the smart comment though.

Upvote 0
I moved over to Android from my Pre because I revered Android to be superior and to know the Pre out does Android in this category surprised me. Again thanks for the smart comment though.

You aren't listening. The lack of games is because you bought a lower end phone running an older OS, not because "the Pre out does Android in this category".

Upvote 0
You aren't listening. The lack of games is because you bought a lower end phone running an older OS, not because "the Pre out does Android in this category".

You aren't reading...

I simply said it was shocking to know... I also said; I never messed with any version of Android higher than 1.5 and didn't know what 2.1 offered... Please read before you post. I like Android so far and am enjoying the OS. I also enjoyed what the Pre did as well. The Hero released after the Pre and was programmed with an OS that's been around longer than the Pre and Web OS, that was my initial reasoning for being surprised... So you can lower the defenses here, I'm not bad mouthing Android.

Upvote 0
I dont get this post with all due respect. You are shocked no games are coming out for 1.5 when we are already on 2.3.4 with some phones? Would you be shocked if a PC game does not work on Windows 95 anymore? Upgrade to the latest available for your phone if you want a better chance at games.
Phones are now more like PC...gotta keep up to date if you want to play the latest and greatest.

Upvote 0
I dont get this post with all due respect. You are shocked no games are coming out for 1.5 when we are already on 2.3.4 with some phones? Would you be shocked if a PC game does not work on Windows 95 anymore? Upgrade to the latest available for your phone if you want a better chance at games.
Phones are now more like PC...gotta keep up to date if you want to play the latest and greatest.

dude .. check the thread date

Reactions: synical
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones