1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New to android... a little help...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DroidrageX2, Jun 23, 2011.

1. DroidrageX2

DroidrageX2 Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    OK so let me start this off with i am terrible with tech stuff... i really want to get better but you may have to be a pretty clear with your advice...

I recently got promoted at my job to run the majority of the mobile sales dept. (as in traveling not devices) This required that i have two things 1) a HTC SENSATION and 2) this little "micro" projector for the presentations that i have to do for work. I have had iphone in the past, but now that i have to have a "company line" i needed to get a phone running android and the Sensation was my 1st pick..... Also, at first i told my boss to not bother with a "micro projector" cause i had heard rumor that they were too dim for practical use but after he practically forced me to use it. I was pretty impressed after i tried it... thank goodness cause i usually get the stiff end of that situation. I couldn't count the number of times i've been told i have to use a sh**Y "hours tracking/invoiceing" program or piece of hardware...

After having it for a bit i realized i like to use it in my hotel room since i always seem to have freetime when the only thing on are terrible soap operas

Advertisement

2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    I'm going to move this to the Sensation forum. Good luck finding a solution!

3. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    From the product overview ...
    The Sensation's micro-USN port allows you to plug in an MHL cable, as in ... HTC Sensation MHL Cable AC M490 (Micro USB 5 pin to HDMI) Deals, #73H00394-00M - Expansys.com UK ... (not in stock here yet but I'm sure you know how to search - or get your IT dept. to sort it for you!). So, "in theory" you just plug the two together with this cable and the projector projects whatever you have on your screen. Simples .... :cool:

Actually, that's a really neat solution for travelling salesmen (geez, bet they don't like being called that :D )!! However, please note that I'm going by what's in the manual/description here and have NOT tried this myself!

Dave