1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New to Android, a little scared too

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by StarMenace, Dec 30, 2009.

1. StarMenace

StarMenace Android Enthusiast

Hey all, I've been a Blackberry user for about eight years. I was contemplating getting the Storm 2 (9550) or an Android phone. Being with T-Mobile I'd have to shell out $500+ for an unlocked Storm.

In the end I decided to "jump ship" and switch over to an Android phone. I'll be receiving my new MyTouch 3G sometime early next week. I'm a little excited and a little scared, I've never had anything other than a Blackberry. I'm hoping I made the right decision...

2. smitty24

smitty24 Android Enthusiast

welcome to AF!
    You did. Android is where its at IMO, especially with the NexusONE coming out here in the next few weeks. regardless, I was a blackberry user for about 2 years and, yea there is a little learning curve, but just like the BB, once you deal with it long enough you will become proficient at it. Also if you are a big google app (gcal, gmail, reader) user you will be extremely happy. Enjoy!

3. Carl C

Carl C Extreme Android User

Welcome to AF! :D

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

5. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One...

Welcome to the Forums!

6. rcklss4u

rcklss4u Lurker

Hi there! I'm new to Android too, and I am also currently switching over from a BB. If its any consolation, I am getting the Motorola Cliq from TMobile, and I cannot WAIT to get it (sometime next week). I am huge fan of Google apps, so that was my main draw to it. I've done my Android research as mentioned before Smitty24, after you get past the learning curve I genuinely think you will love it! Hope it works out for you! Don't forget that with TMobile you have 14 days to play with it & decide whether or not you would like to return it. Its called their Buyers Remorse policy. Hope this helps!