• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Android and Droid Eris

CaseyKees

Android Enthusiast
Apr 11, 2010
Western NY
Hi,
My name is Kathy, and 2 days ago I became the proud owner of my first smartphone, the Droid Eris.

I have been lurking on these forums for a couple of weeks, but now that I have the phone have decided to join so I can ask questions if need be.

I am not completely computer illiterate, but I'm not very advanced either. I am probably somewhere in the middle. Not afraid to try new things, as long as I have very explicit written directions that I can print out and follow.

I am however afraid to move to 2.1 on my phone...for fear I will mess it up! I figured I would wait and accomplish the basics before I get that far, and who knows maybe by then the OTA will come out! :p

Hi,
My name is Kathy, and 2 days ago I became the proud owner of my first smartphone, the Droid Eris.

I have been lurking on these forums for a couple of weeks, but now that I have the phone have decided to join so I can ask questions if need be.

I am not completely computer illiterate, but I'm not very advanced either. I am probably somewhere in the middle. Not afraid to try new things, as long as I have very explicit written directions that I can print out and follow.

I am however afraid to move to 2.1 on my phone...for fear I will mess it up! I figured I would wait and accomplish the basics before I get that far, and who knows maybe by then the OTA will come out! :p
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0
casey, definitely play around with your phone a bit and learn the ins and outs of just what it does now. Not really because you need those skills to ugrade, but because it will make the upgrade feel so much different! The people who appreciated the upgraded OS the most are the ones who were on 1.5 so much longer!

The process to upgrade to 2.1 is VERY easy. Also, I don't think I've read of anyone screwing it up and needing help...if there were people, it wasn't too many. If you follow the directions, you can't go wrong.

Upvote 0
Sultan,
Thanks...I know a friend of mine at work upgraded to the 2.1 when he got his phone and he said it was easy. He did his pretty much out of the box so he didn't have to load everything again. I am not to worried about that as long as I can still sync with my outlook which was really easy.

And for WIW...I'm in Rochester too

And justjim...thanks for the welcome!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones