• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New to Android and not tech savoy

Oddity96

Lurker
Mar 16, 2012
I just got a Huawei Ascend 2 (M865) from cricket, I mainly got it cause of muve. I really have one question. When I open sync to my computer and open up the sd card I do not find a folder for music, pictures, or contacts. So I found out they are on the phone. Here is my question how do I access them? I am trying to put Pictures and Contacts from my old phone on to this one. I would also like to be able to move the music from move to a computer. Any help is greatly appreciated and please dumb it down for my as I have stated I am not very tech savoy.

When you connect the phone to your PC, all you can view is the SD card and the files that are on it. Anything you want to put on the phone should be loaded onto the SD card, and anything you want that is stored on the phone's internal memory should be moved to the SD card BEFORE connecting it to the PC, as you can't access the SD card from the phone while it's being accessed by the PC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones