1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support new to android, battery normal?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Beng88, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Beng88

Beng88 Lurker
    None

Oct 31, 2011
    Hi, I got the HTC Desire S last week brand new and have been using it for a week, and im starting to get used to the Android system, as im coming from the iPhone and took time to get used to the apps running in the background. Ive noticed my battery is awful, I turn my wi fi off and my internet off when im not using it and the battery seems to drop about 4-5 % every time I use it for about 5 mins texting or even just checking twitter. Just wondering if this is normal, because ive recently got an app killer and noticed loads of apps were running, so I went into settings to change the notifications settings on all the apps I dont use to off even tho they still run In the background after ive killed them.
    I've also turned down my screen brightness to minimum.
    Just want to know if this is normal and if there anything I can do.
    Had internet on all the time on iPhone and battery was never this bad
    Thanks for any help.

Ben

Advertisement

2. ohadfreund

ohadfreund Member
    None

Sep 20, 2010
    1. Don't use app killer, it will only increase battery usage, the OS will relaunch the apps you kill. The OS is capable enough to manage the open apps not to use the battery.
    2. Unless you don't use wi-fi at all then I suggest you keep it on. It will not use any (or very minimum) battery when it is not connected. It uses more battery then 3G per minute, but the speed is much higher, so it uses less battery per MB.
    3. I don't know if this is real or not but for some reason I feel that my battery is getting better over time. Wait another 1-2 weeks and see then. Anyway, the battery should be more than enough for 1 day use, so just charge it at night like most smartphone users (I think).
    4. Do you have Android 2.3.5 Sense 3.0? I have a feeling it is better re battery usage.

3. Beng88

Beng88 Lurker
    None

Oct 31, 2011
    Just checked and mine is 2.3.3 and HTC Sense Version 2.1.

How do you upgrade HTC.

Thanks for the reply was helpful, I keep both Internet off unless i need it. I just feel like with this phone i cant use it because my battery wont last all day, love the phone so hopefully the battery improves soon.

4. ohadfreund

ohadfreund Member
    None

Sep 20, 2010
    Goto settings -> About phone -> Software updates -> Check now.

It's been rolling our in the last 3 weeks, so if you cannot do it manually you will probably receive it soon.
    Just Google "HTC Desire s sense 3.0" and you will see.

Tags: