1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New to Android from BlackBerry Storm 1

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by chuckawd, Mar 17, 2011.

1. chuckawd

chuckawd Lurker
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    Hello everyone!! Very happy to finally be part of the Android world, it's been a long wait for me. I was there on launch day for the Blackberry Storm 1 way back in the day and was finally up for upgrade this January. That is when I discovered the HTC Thunderbolt and knew immediately that it was the phone I wanted to get.

Well, that day was today. I'm on the east coast in upstate NY so I got up early and drove to my local Verizon store. Got there at 8am (they open at 9am) and I was third in line. Had a really cool experience with the people in my line. They let us in at 9am exactly and I was the first one out the door with a running Thunderbolt!! Felt super good to be first. In and out in just over 10 minutes. So far I am absolutely loving the phone. Although it is a huge change from my Crapberry, I am slowly getting used to the functionality of it and learning which apps are a must have for flawless funtionality etc. Lots of learning to do still for sure.

On a side note, I only paid 174.99 for the phone with my upgrade so I'm not sure if I got a discount or something but I have been trying to figure out why I didn't pay the 249.99 I was expecting. Now, don't get me wrong as I'm not complaining one bit but I would just like to know why. Anyway, I am so happy to be part of this community and to learn the power and capabilities of what my phone can do. Off to research and read I go!!

Advertisement

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome to Android Forums! :)

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

4. chuckawd

chuckawd Lurker
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    Thanks all!! I'm really loving this Thunderbolt. It's sick fast in just about every way, including draining the battery but that doesn't matter too much to me. Android is a huge step and I know, after only a little more than 24 hours with it, it's going to be awesome!! Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to start as far as making the phone custom to me liking? Or any suggestions on must have apps? I have already downloaded ATK and Angry Birds of course and I would really like to have a widget or something that would feed me news all day without asking for it.

I am really looking forward to becoming part of this community and learning how to "rule the air" with the Thunderbolt and Android.