1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

new to android have an original incredible

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LORENOLIN, Aug 14, 2012.

1. LORENOLIN

LORENOLIN Lurker

I am an apple iphone 4 user and am looking to try out the android. i have a htc droid incredible that a friend gave to

me. the local verizon has wiped the phone and its pretty much useless as its just a thumb drive.
    can anyone help me locate a place to get an OS to fix it? i cant figure this out

its in a root loop it goes to the droid symbol says droid and then starts over.
    i was told that it has been wiped of the os. it was updated to ics and then wouldnt work anymore they took it to verizon and they wiped it and then gave them a new phone. when i try and do a recovery it fails and it also fails on the factory rest

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Pull the battery, put it back in. Hold the volume DOWN button... continue to hold and press the power button till the phone turns on... what does all the info on the screen that comes up say?

3. LORENOLIN

LORENOLIN Lurker

Incrediblec XD ship s-on
    HBoot-0.92.0000
    Microp-0417
    Touch panel-atmel224_16ab
    Radio-2.15.10.07.07
    Jul 23 2010, 18:06:51

What does all this mean

4. sdrawkcab25

Was checking to see if you are rooted, would give more options. You can try doing a factory reset from that menu. If that doesn't work you can try reinstalling the OS. Let me know I'll get you the link for instructions.

5. LORENOLIN

LORENOLIN Lurker

I got a red triangle of death on the last factory reset it's trying it again

And the red triangle came up again

6. sdrawkcab25

The red triangle is recovery... when in the screen, press volume up and power at the same time... a new menu will pop up... select factory reset with the volume keys and press the power button.

7. LORENOLIN

LORENOLIN Lurker

It gives me a red triangle on the factory reset and also recovery

8. sdrawkcab25

The red triangle indicates that you are in "recovery." When you see the red triangle you should be able to press volume UP and power at the same time and bring up a new menu... are you not able to?

9. LORENOLIN

LORENOLIN Lurker

Oh I misunderstood sorry yes it did
    I'm trying it now

10. LORENOLIN

LORENOLIN Lurker

11. sdrawkcab25

If that doesn't work you can file the instructions here:
    http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/181255-how-return-stock-gingerbread.html

Ignore anything about root and "s-off/s-on" and follow the "zip file on sd card method".

edit:
    Oh wow, that's some errors.... That may be unrecoverable but the above method may be worth a shot. But it looks like someone really messed with the formatting/partitions on the phone.

12. LORENOLIN

LORENOLIN Lurker

Ics was installed like any other update and the phone crashed. It was taken to the Verizon store and it sits in its curren condition

13. sdrawkcab25

The incredible never got ICS officially.... So it couldn't of been installed like any other update, the phone would have had to been rooted.

It looks like someone plugged it into a computer via USB and had the computer format the partitions. The phone is basically telling you that the normal partitions that exist on the phone(fOS storage/media files/app storage) don't exist anymore.

In all honesty it's probably not fixable. You would need to manually rewrite the partitions to the phone, which requires root access, and I don't think you can get root access because of the number of missing partitions.

This user had a similar issue a little while ago:
    http://androidforums.com/incredible...6-stuck-white-incredible-splash-screen-s.html

We weren't able to fix it.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews