1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General New to Android. have questions about the browser.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by philbert81, Dec 2, 2010.

1. philbert81

philbert81 New Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Hello, I am new to android. I had a Blackberry Storm 2 and was one year through my 2 year contract. I was getting tired of my storm and wanted a change. Verizon sell some certified used devises for cheep and I could only afford the droid eris. It was 169.99 for a like new refurbished model. the droid one was 260, so I bought the eris, and I am loving it so far.
    My question is that my web-browser seems to be slower then others. I have tested it with the droid, and it seems to be faster. For example when I try to load the Engadget website it hangs up and has problems loading the webpage. It takes as long as my storm did. What is wrong? is there something that I can do to make it faster?
    Also if you have any other tips for a newbie I would appreciate it.

Thank You.

Advertisement

2. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Miranda
    droid is a more powerful device first of all, so there is that.

personally, I use a lightweight browser like opera mini or xscope (since the eris is so underpowered) plus opera turbo mode to compensate for the difference. another opera feature I use to compensate for a lower phone is mobilizer support, which re renders the page into a mobile friendly viewing mode.