• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Android here...

FraGztr

Jun 2, 2010
Hi guys... long time iphone user here (yup, another one bite the dust) and looking for a new home :D. Anyways, i didnt have any complaints from using the iphone or at&t at all. iPhone just became a little dull to me now and 4.0 doesnt seem anything new.

So here I am getting my first Android phone tomorrow with RS (not pre-ordered, just gonna go there early) and I'm just wondering, as a brand new user of android OS, what are the first things I need to setup when I get my eVo?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi guys... long time iphone user here (yup, another one bite the dust) and looking for a new home :D. Anyways, i didnt have any complaints from using the iphone or at&t at all. iPhone just became a little dull to me now and 4.0 doesnt seem anything new.

So here I am getting my first Android phone tomorrow with RS (not pre-ordered, just gonna go there early) and I'm just wondering, as a brand new user of android OS, what are the first things I need to setup when I get my eVo?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Setup an account with Gmail. This will allow you to create your contacts on your comp, and not on your phone. When you finally activate your phone, it will ask you to sync it to your new Gmail account, and you will have all of your phone numbers ready to go.

Also, check out appbrain.com. You can create an account with any apps you may like, and then sync them to your phone as well in one shot.

Im new to Android too, but I hope this helps a bit.

Oh, and welcome to the forums :)

Reactions: FraGztr
Upvote 0
To piggy back on the Gmail Contacts Sync tip - it's possible to select which group of contacts you sync right? I have my Blackberry contacts uploaded to its own group, which is different from the big mess of regular Gmail contacts, if that makes any sense.

I really hope you can. I want to sync all of 'my contacts' but I really don't want the entire all contacts list

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones