1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New to Android here...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FraGztr, Jun 3, 2010.

1. FraGztr

FraGztr Member

Hi guys... long time iphone user here (yup, another one bite the dust) and looking for a new home :D. Anyways, i didnt have any complaints from using the iphone or at&t at all. iPhone just became a little dull to me now and 4.0 doesnt seem anything new.

So here I am getting my first Android phone tomorrow with RS (not pre-ordered, just gonna go there early) and I'm just wondering, as a brand new user of android OS, what are the first things I need to setup when I get my eVo?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Edricflo

Edricflo Member

Welcome to the club, we are all patiently waiting for tomorrow!

3. MyFishWagon

MyFishWagon Android Enthusiast

Setup an account with Gmail. This will allow you to create your contacts on your comp, and not on your phone. When you finally activate your phone, it will ask you to sync it to your new Gmail account, and you will have all of your phone numbers ready to go.

Also, check out appbrain.com. You can create an account with any apps you may like, and then sync them to your phone as well in one shot.

Im new to Android too, but I hope this helps a bit.

Oh, and welcome to the forums :)

FraGztr likes this.
  4. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Welcome to the community! I suggest you stay posted (no pun :p) here at the forums. There's lots of helpful posts floating around and there will be more in the coming days as we all finally get our EVOs. Check out the Tips and Tricks subforum :)

5. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member

You will have plenty of questions. Ask them when they come up. If the device isn't doing something you want it to or if something seems difficult ask if there is a better way. Android is a great os, it does take some getting used to since you do have more options.

6. Ask if the EVO has a toothpaste dispenser, because my 3GS doesn't have one. Bastards.

7. FraGztr

FraGztr Member

Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure i'm gonna have a few questions when the time comes :)

That gmail tip is really helpful and I did not know that you can sync your gmail contacts. This is great.

8. vkdroid

vkdroid Well-Known Member

To piggy back on the Gmail Contacts Sync tip - it's possible to select which group of contacts you sync right? I have my Blackberry contacts uploaded to its own group, which is different from the big mess of regular Gmail contacts, if that makes any sense.

9. hookem12387

hookem12387 Member

I really hope you can. I want to sync all of 'my contacts' but I really don't want the entire all contacts list

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews