1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips New to Android - S7 Edge arriving tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by IllusionEntity, Jun 7, 2016.

1. IllusionEntity

None

Jun 7, 2016
    Hey guys!

I am a newly converted android user switching for and iPhone 6S plus to a Galaxy S7 Edge!

I have been an iPhone user since the iPhone 3GS and have only ever used an android very briefly with the Galaxy S2 which I didn't like so went back to iPhone.

I have an S7 Edge arriving tomorrow and I am wondering if anyone here can offer me any tips in regards to the switch over process or maybe some helpful tips on configuring my device for optimal performance.

I've gone all out and have already ordered a case and screen protectors for the device as well as a wireless charger.

My S7 edge is not tied to a network, it was purchased directly from Samsung unlocked.

Also, how long does it take Samsung to push out updates to their phones once they're available? I'm used to very regular updates on iOS.

So no one thinks I'm trolling:

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. HamptonCaught

HamptonCaught Member
    None

Mar 27, 2012
    Designer
    Cambridge, UK
    I started with my S7 Edge this week. So far, so good. The phone looks great and I'm really pleased with the case I bought. One issue is that there does appear to be quite a lot of 'lag' on the phone with constant issues regarding 'Touch Wiz' which seems to be a long-standing Android problem. On the whole though, I'm having a good experience, but don't expect it to be quite as smooth as iOS.

3. boxerluvr

boxerluvr Newbie
    None

Feb 1, 2016
    There's an app that should be on your phone called samsung smart switch. It will make it easier to transfer files (songs, phiotos, etc) from IOS to your new Sammy. Welcome to the club!! I think you will love android

4. MaryS910

MaryS910 Lurker
    None

Jul 11, 2016
    It will only work if you backed up your ios to the cloud and not itunes. If you backed up to itunes, then you have to do it on your computer and you must still have your working iphone to be able to plug it in and make the transfer. I was unable to transfer anything!

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge launched in 2016 and was one of two of Samsung's flagship devices. The S7 Edge features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 323GB of storage, and 12MP main camera sensor.