• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New to Android, Some Questions?

I'm very new to Android, only had them about a month. I bought a tablet online from China (purchased from TenQ) It's a Fly Touch 3 (EPad FlyTouch 3 (SuperPad 2)), Not sure about the manufacturer, There seems to be some of these are fake some are real, some confusion on that issue. And I also bought a LG Optimus T from T-Mobile. They both seem to be running Android 2.2 Froyo.

I'm quite happy with them both, but have some preliminary questions.

The tablet doesn't seem to want to update, I'm not sure if it doesn't need it or what, I get this error, = (Failed in checking for updates, Err 301)

The tablet doesn't seem to show all the same packages in the market place the phone does, for one thing I only have a choose of free apps.

I'm interested in Rooting these devices, but have never flashed a bois or rom, nor have I ever done any firmware upgrades. Although I'm a Linux Power User. Is there some good tutorial that will take a green horn through that process? And also I need to be educated as to wither the process is the same on both devices or not.

I guess That will do for now, I have more question, but hope to learn more first so as to formulate them better.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones