1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New to Android. Videos gone from Gallery

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by Eaglearcher20, May 22, 2016.

1. Eaglearcher20

Eaglearcher20 Lurker
    None

May 22, 2016
    Male
    Let me start by saying I am new to Android.

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge and have been enjoying it, but manage files has been rough. I have an SD card on top of the internal storage. I transferred all my photos and videos from my iPhone to this phone when I got it. When my SD card came I tried transferring all media to the SD card. Videos being the largest size, after moving them to the sd card I deleted them from the "video" folder in the "my files" app (before going into the internal and SD storage folders listed at the top). Since then my videos do not show in my gallery though I can find them on my SD card.

Is there any way to get them back into that video folder and back into my gallery?

Advertisement

2. bcrichster

bcrichster Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Jan 23, 2013
    Male
    Electrical, Electronics
    Florida
    Isn't there a setting within the gallery to select which storage you want to view from.. Maybe a "both" option? [emoji41]

3. Eaglearcher20

Eaglearcher20 Lurker
    None

May 22, 2016
    Male
    There is a way to select which, but I had deleted the files in the "video" folder. My videos then disappeared from the gallery and there is no way to move them back to the folder. I have since remedied the situation by moving all videos to my computer, formatting my SD card and moving all back to card. All videos are back in my gallery.

Thanks for the response.

bcrichster likes this.
  4. Father Guido

Father Guido Android Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    SE Michigan
    I had a similar issue when I copied all of the pictures from my LG Transpyre on Lollipop to my new Moto X pure running marshmallow. The stock gallery didn't see the "albums." I rebooted and there they were.

bcrichster likes this.