1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

###New to Android with Urgent question###

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AhmedPower, Aug 13, 2012.

1. AhmedPower

AhmedPower Lurker

How long should the Samsung Galaxy wonder Battery last for with continuous usage for web browsing and twitter for example ?
    Or how long should it last for complete stand by ?
    I am asking because I bought a new Galaxy W and the battery last only for very few hours with the usage mentioned above , and I wanna know if this is normal or I have to replace it ?

Thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Welcome to Android Forums.:)

With constant use with the screen on will deplete the battery of any device fairly quickly. I would consider a spare battery (if it is removeable) or a spare charger.

AhmedPower likes this.
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Hello, AhmedPower.

Welcome aboard. :)

4. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Welcome :ciao: ,we are glad to have you, hope you enjoy the site.

5. AhmedPower

AhmedPower Lurker

Thank you so much :):)

Thank you so much for info , But I am still very disappointed from the battery life ,
    what makes me so disappointed is that I compared my Galaxy W Battery with Galaxy fit Battery , in a life experiment making exactly the same thing on both phones ( open wifi and download from the market ) , My Galaxy W take about 3-4 minutes for the battery to decrease by 1% , while the Galaxy fit takes about 30 minutes to decrease this 1% .
    The owner of the Galaxy fit told me that may be the reason is that I have 1400 processor while he has only 600 processor , and the faster the processor the less the life battery , I don't know whether what he says id right or wrong .
    So I am still confused whether to take it to the warranty or it is normal ,
    Can you or anyone tell me whether the experiment result is normal or I have to go to the warranty ?

Thanks in advance :)

6. gunblade1123

gunblade1123 Lurker

Hi yall. new to the forums

7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

The difference in processor would definately make a difference when the device is actively being used. I'm not very familiar with your device, you may check with device owners if the W forum to see if they can offer and device specific tips & tricks.

Samsung Galaxy W - Android Forums

AhmedPower likes this.