1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New to Android World

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JaxxiM, Aug 7, 2011.

1. JaxxiM

JaxxiM Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Thank you in advance.... :) (Samsung Epic 4G)
    I am new to the Android World and am just learning the ropes. I installed AVG Mobilation Free, as per the recommendation of a professional. I found that app seemed to drain my battery pretty quickly. I uninstalled it and have installed another anti-virus app instead to see if that will help my battery life. I periodically gets text updates from a company. AVG tagged these as "suspicious". When I contacted them to see if there was someway I could list them as a "safe" text, I was told that wasn't possible. (Another reason I wanted to remove AVG.) I uninstalled AVG, as I wrote; but, I am still getting the "suspicious" notification tag from AVGmobilation when I receive those texts from that company. Does anyone have an idea why? Is there a hidden folder or something that I have to delete/remove? I do not want any conflict of anti-virus applications going on only to have my phone meltdown later. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! :D

Advertisement

2. pablo.station

pablo.station Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    Work with blind kids
    Tucson Az
    I haven't used this app and honestly didn't even know AVG had a android app. Since I dont know much about it, the only thing I can think of is something didn't uninstall.

Go to:

Settings>Applications>Manage Applications

scroll through your apps list and look for anything that says AVG. Maybe a component of the app got left behind that is still causing you to get notifications even after uninstalling it.

3. Stringyquark

Stringyquark Member
    None

Sep 28, 2010
    If all else fails and you don't have much to lose, go to settings, privacy, and do a factory reset. If you have to much to lose you could get the one click root, get titanium backup or my backup pro (I use titanium) back everything up and reset your phone.

This is kinda like heading back to the dropship and nuking it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. :)