• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to android (xperia x10a)

uka

Lurker
May 23, 2011
Hi all!
I'm here new (to android os and this forum) as a blank paper.
I just bought at&t xperia x10a from craiglist, wanted to use it with T-mobile.
The phone has permanently sim locked and there is no way i can put unlock code anymore.
What I should do? Please help!
This tread must be answered before but i just couldn't find it. Please consider!

Well you definitely need an unlock code. I know there's some software that says will unlock it, but I don't know if it works or if it's a scam.

But in the end, your X10a will not be compatible with T-Mobile's network in the US, they don't use the same frequencies.

Hi. Thanks for reply!
I was wandering that how come all other phones including iPhones can work with T-mobile after unlocked?
The Xperia x10a I'm having trouble with got screen only for emergency call and I can not access in to any other functions.
What I should do in order to get in to menu to hard reset or whatever functions in it? Thank you!

Upvote 0
Are you talking about T-Mobile in the US or in Europe? T-Mobile in the US cannot use the iPhone because it's not the same frequencies (maybe they can use GSM, not sure). They'll have to release a version for T-Mobile & others using the same frequencies (like Wind Mobile and Videotron in Canada).

I'm not sure why you can only access the unlock screen, can you give more details?

Upvote 0
Are you talking about T-Mobile in the US or in Europe? T-Mobile in the US cannot use the iPhone because it's not the same frequencies (maybe they can use GSM, not sure). They'll have to release a version for T-Mobile & others using the same frequencies (like Wind Mobile and Videotron in Canada).

I'm not sure why you can only access the unlock screen, can you give more details?

I did jailbreak and unlock iPhone couple of times and used it with Tmobile in the USA. I don't know about frequencies. It just worked.
I just flashed the xperia x10 (it was running on 1.6) to 2.1.
Android users call it debranding or flashing. I don't know what is the difference between debranding and flashing. Apple users just call it jailbreaking.
I can use the experia x10a with AT&T now but I was hoping to use it with Tmobile.
Is there any way that I can make sim unlock so I could use it with Tmobile? I'm not asking about screen pattern lock.
Thanks for reply. I was loosing my hope to getting answers.

Upvote 0
I did jailbreak and unlock iPhone couple of times and used it with Tmobile in the USA. I don't know about frequencies. It just worked.
I just flashed the xperia x10 (it was running on 1.6) to 2.1.
Android users call it debranding or flashing. I don't know what is the difference between debranding and flashing. Apple users just call it jailbreaking.
I can use the experia x10a with AT&T now but I was hoping to use it with Tmobile.
Is there any way that I can make sim unlock so I could use it with Tmobile? I'm not asking about screen pattern lock.
Thanks for reply. I was loosing my hope to getting answers.

As for T-mobile and the x10a vs x10i:

http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/109809-x10a-x10i-differences.html

I got a mix reaction in this. I am using x10i and a friend using 10a, both of us do get 3g signal with Tmobile here in USA.
and

Thanks,

Both the X10i and X10a have the 2100 3G band which most European carriers use.

X10i = HSDPA 900 / 1700 / 2100
X10a = HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 / 800

1700/2100 is required for T-mobile USA
850/1900 for AT&T
And in order to unlock the x10:

http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/67138-unlock-x10.html

As far as I know there is no free way to do it....you have to trust in some random company. Read around first. I have heard a couple people get ripped off from a fake unlock website.

Read up on it here too - [Q] Sony XPERIA x10 Unlocking ? - xda-developers

You have already rooted and flashed (in turn debranded if you installed a new OS and all the cell provider proprietary stuff is gone) all that is left is unlocking....which will allow you to use any SIM.

Reactions: uka
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones