1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

New to Android

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Instinct2Evo, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Instinct2Evo

Instinct2Evo New Member

Jun 13, 2010
    So, introductions huh... My name is Ken, I'm 37 yrs old and I just purchased my 1st Droid phone, The HTC Evo 4g. I've been with Sprint/NEXTEL for 7yrs and was planning to trash my Samsung Instinct (NOT an "iPhone Killer") and move to AT&T a month ago for an iPhone 3gs, but quickly decided against it when I found out it was going to be a $700 expense:mad: (an iPhone for both my wife and I, a slider for my son and a flip for my daughter, plus activation fees) Then I found out about this amazing new android phone coming out for Sprint. I started researching it online and quickly pre-ordered one 2 weeks before the June 4th release date. Holy $h|+ this is the best electronic device I have ever owned!!!:D :D I am so glad AT&T and Apple talked me out of wasting my money on them. I have an iPod touch which is basically an iPhone that doesn't make phone calls and can only get internet via wifi, and I love it for what it does, but it doesn't even come close to the sheer beauty and performance delivered by the Evo. I have many friends who own Steve Jobs' little engine that could, and they all drool over my Evo and have all commented on how superior it is to their phones. I can't get enough of this phone. If there is only one flaw with this device it is it's short battery life, but there are already a couple of 3rd party vendors out there with extended life batteries. I'm still new to the Android world, but I've jumped in head first and the water is great![​IMG][​IMG]

Advertisement

2. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Campus Safety Officer
    Earlville, NY
    Welcome to Android Forums!! :)