• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Android

Hi Everyone,
I'm just getting on board with an HTC Incredible. It arrived yesterday from back order. Yea!
I searched to find what appears to be one of the best Android forums. This forum looks great. I hope I will not just learn from all of you but also be able to add some input from time to time.
I've used a blackberry for many years always upgrading on contract renewals. This time I said "gotta do a droid". Making the switch to a droid was a huge commitment for me. Much of my use is for business so I dreaded the start up time.
Since it arrived yesterday, I've had some of the usual "new" phone glitches. Nothing terrible but a little frustrating.
I've decided that next time I get a completely new phone device I will keep my old phone active for a short while.
I no sooner got it activated and contacts from work were trying to reach me. Ha! I had to figure out what was what before I could respond.
Blackberry is pretty straight up with text and phone readily available. The android had them hiding a bit so I fumbled around for awhile.
The phone however, is outstanding in my opinion. I tried the Motorola Droid for 3 days but the phone was so large that I had trouble trying. In addition, it didn't have the "smooth ride" the Incredible has. Lucky for me I didn't decide to keep the Motorola and made the exchange. Whoa what a better phone the Incredible is in my humble opinion.
The constantly new available technology makes me a little crazy because I can't get new stuff every time there's a new introduction. I almost paid the early termination fee last winter to get the Motorola Droid but talked my self into being more patient. In this case I'm sure glad I did. The HTC Incredible is going to be a joy with the help of this forum and a lot of trial and errors.
Glad to be on Board!

A full day with the Incredible. Great on so many levels. However, I have lost over 12 messages via phone, text and email. I can't get use to not being alerted. Being a former Blackberry user I relied on the audible alerts backed by ongoing blinking lights. It was perfect for my work day. All I had to do was glance at the phone. Each message had a color light coded to the type of message that was waiting.
Has anyone found a useful alert application for the Incredible. Sure would make things easier.
Don't misunderstand... I love the Incredible just trying to make it work better for my needs.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
A full day with the Incredible. Great on so many levels. However, I have lost over 12 messages via phone, text and email. I can't get use to not being alerted. Being a former Blackberry user I relied on the audible alerts backed by ongoing blinking lights. It was perfect for my work day. All I had to do was glance at the phone. Each message had a color light coded to the type of message that was waiting.
Has anyone found a useful alert application for the Incredible. Sure would make things easier.
Don't misunderstand... I love the Incredible just trying to make it work better for my needs.
Thanks!

HI Arizona! This is where I get to tell you to go over to the area of HTC Incredible support and troubleshooting. There are many folks over there who will both see and answer your questions!

Steven

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones