1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

New to android

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jane1823, Jul 13, 2010.

1. jane1823

jane1823 New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    South Yorkshire
    Hi I am getting my new HTC Desire on O2 tomorow so thought I would have a quick look to see what the phone is capable of............it looks like I will be reading for quite a long time! It will be my first android phone. My last phone was a Samsung Tocco Ultra which got chewed up a couple of weeks ago by one of my dogs so I am going to be much more careful with this one. Well I am off to read some more altho I think my head will probably explode at some point!!! :) Jane

Advertisement

2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    Hi Jane! Welcome to AndroidForums :D You'll love your Desire once you get it! The best thing about the Android OS is its ability to allow the owner to customize the phone to the owner's preference :)

This is where you'd want to go to read what other people have to say about their Desire phones: HTC Desire - Android Forums

While you wait for your Desire, I suggest you sign up to AppBrain, it allows you to save all the apps you want. Once your Desire comes, install the AppBrain app onto your phone and install the apps you have picked in AppBrain in the Market :D AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market

You can get ideas for apps here: Android Applications - Android Forums

This is a great beginner guide's to Android: http://androidforums.com/android-ap...ps-avoid-viruses-guide-those-new-android.html

Enjoy your stay here :)

Cheers!
    -Roze-

jane1823 likes this.
  3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to.

Jan 11, 2010
    Truck driver/ driver mentor. I train people to dri
    Georgia
    Welcome!

Sent from Droid

4. jane1823

jane1823 New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    South Yorkshire
    thanks for the welcomes. i had no idea how much these phones could do!! They make me feel quite thick lol. I am still reading thru the desire section (i gave up with the user guide as it made things seem more coplicated than they actually are!) Thanks again Jane

5. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Campus Safety Officer
    Earlville, NY
    Welcome to Android Forums!! :)