• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to android..

Anthony1988

Lurker
Nov 28, 2017
Just got a lg g6 after using an iPhone for about 4 years and loving it!

Few questions though:

1. My notifications for vibrate are never, I've turned it off in my message settings but for some reason when I open a group message or get a new group text message, my phone vibrates...how do I turn that off?

2. I have a pin to unlock my phone, do I always need to press the check mark after I enter my pin? It cant just auto unlock?

3. How can I adjust my brightness while my phone is locked? The quick toggles doesn't have the brightness bar.

4. Some of the web pages load weird. For example bleacher report, it lets me scroll to the sides of the webpage and its just white, anyway to change that so it'll crop out the empty spaces of web pages?

Thanks!

Just got a lg g6 after using an iPhone for about 4 years and loving it!

Few questions though:

1. My notifications for vibrate are never, I've turned it off in my message settings but for some reason when I open a group message or get a new group text message, my phone vibrates...how do I turn that off?
Thanks!
Can you make sure that your vibration is shut down in the phone Settings? if so, there should be no such problem

Upvote 0
2. I have a pin to unlock my phone, do I always need to press the check mark after I enter my pin? It cant just auto unlock?

Did you set up a fingerprint? It's infinitely quicker than using your PIN all the time, but yeah, you have to press the check mark for a pin. You could also enable smart unlock so it will stay unlocked in a specific location or when paired to a specific device.

3. How can I adjust my brightness while my phone is locked? The quick toggles doesn't have the brightness bar.

Never noticed that. I couldn't find an easy way to do that.

4. Some of the web pages load weird. For example bleacher report, it lets me scroll to the sides of the webpage and its just white, anyway to change that so it'll crop out the empty spaces of web pages?

On that one, it's most likely a poorly coded website. It's not really a function of the browser

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones