• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Android

skinien

Android Enthusiast
Jul 23, 2010
I'm an at&t customer looking to throw my iPhone against the wall and grab the new Samsung Captivate.

I'm really new to Android but from what I've learned by reading on the web is that manufacturers/carriers mod the Android OS. I can't find any detailed pros/cons on whether or not manufacturers are making changes that ruin the Android experience by adding/taking away features. I'm weary of buying the wrong phone.

Can anyone help clarify this for me?

Thanks.

I'm an at&t customer looking to throw my iPhone against the wall and grab the new Samsung Captivate.

I'm really new to Android but from what I've learned by reading on the web is that manufacturers/carriers mod the Android OS. I can't find any detailed pros/cons on whether or not manufacturers are making changes that ruin the Android experience by adding/taking away features. I'm weary of buying the wrong phone.

Can anyone help clarify this for me?

Thanks.

It takes thirty seconds to download launcher pro which is a much better version of the stock interface. So don't let a manufacturer interface bother you.

Upvote 0
I was going to wait until win7 phone also but after seeing the htc desire last weekend all I want now is an android phone.

Still not sure if I should get the HTC Desire or Samsung galaxy s...

Both the Desire and the S look like great phones, obviously they have their differences and pros/cons to each. Just make sure you're happy with the options you get and remember, all carriers pretty much give you a 30 day "test drive" period nowadays so enjoy your new phone.

I left a BB Tour for my EVO and after 30 minutes I knew I could never go back...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones