• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Android

buyrihn

Lurker
Aug 10, 2010
I have a client who I set up with a google calendar. He's a doctor, and uses his recurring appointments almost extensively. Currently, he's using a Blackberry, but because it is a private practice, he doesn't have a BES. Nor does he use EAS. Google's calendar sync with Blackberry is fuzzy at best (recurring appointments for some reason get put in as single appointments, so they EACH have to be manually edited/deleted), although I'm not sure who's at fault

So far I have been very disappointed with the stock calendar app, and the other free apps on the market haven't been much better. When I go to edit a reocurring event on the stock calendar, it moves the date! And the date is greyed out, so I can't even edit it! Grrr... The other apps I tried had degrees of the same problem. I settled on Jorte free which I'm liking over all, but it has limitations as well, and the last couple of times I tried to sync to my Google calendar failed. Since my Froyo update yesterday the search button at the bottom of the screen doesn't launch in Jorte, whereas it used to. I had to add all the places I wanted to search in settings (new with Froyo), and use Aurora, which seems to work mostly okay.

I'm desperately looking for a PalmOS quality calendar... Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Geez, really? After posting this, I realized my cousin has a Droid, and changing/editing recurring events seemed to work flawlessly. Could this just be an HTC Evo localized issue? My client is on Sprint, so I'm steering him towards the Evo 4G or the soon-to-launch Galaxy S. Anyone else have a similar issue with the Evo or an Android phone in particular?

Thanks for your feedback, btw

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones