1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

new to android

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by c1rclez, Feb 23, 2011.

1. c1rclez

c1rclez Newbie

Former iphone user here..just got my atrix. I have no past experience with the android platform...

What are some must do things? Must have apps? Anything for a new android user you would like to say?

So far I like the atrix. Its definitely different from my i4. Seems about on par with speed.

Advertisement

2. kenio8185

kenio8185 Member

Well, one thing that Android uses that you don't see on any iOS device is widgets.

A great widget to have is 3G watchdog. It just shows you a meter on your screen that shows you how much data you have used, and how much you have left before paying extra. You do have to set it up though (eg. You put in how much you get per month and when the amount gets reset). It also puts a meter on the status bar, so it's even easier to keep track of.

Some of my fav apps (not on Android right now, so can't remember many of them) are:
    LauncherPro (changes the look of the screens)
    Appbrain (organizes your apps incase you need to switch phones and also lets you go on their website through your PC, browser there and select the ones you want, when done, go to your phone and they will be available for you to download).

Also make sure to get some sort of task killer. Apps on Android stay on 24/7 unless you close them. So when you're done with an app, go into the task killer app and close the app through there, so you don't waste battery.

That's all I can remember now, haven't used an Android phone in months since I gave it to my parents. I'm sure other people here can give other great suggestions though.

3. UserName872

UserName872 Android Enthusiast

4. kenio8185

kenio8185 Member