1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New to Android

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AndroidInspire, Apr 7, 2011.

1. AndroidInspire

None

Apr 7, 2011
    Hi,

I live in AK with my family and i just got a HTC Inspire. I love it so far but still have a few things im working on figuring out. I had tried the Windows LG Quantum phone and its not a bad phone but its not for me. I am trying to figure out how to actually shut off an application once i am done with it so that its not running in the background because my battery was getting low and it told me that i had some programs running and if i turned them off it would help save my battery but i can't figure out how to make sure they are off.

AndroidUser

Advertisement

2. electron1130

electron1130 Lurker
    None

Apr 3, 2011
    electrician
    akron, ohio
    Go to settings and choose "applications". There u will see an option to control currently running apps.

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

What app is telling you that you have apps running? If you are running a task killer app on your Inspire then that might be part of the problem. My suggestion is to consider doing the following:

1. Uninstall the task killer app
    2. Delete any widgets from any of your phones home screens. Widgets use battery power whether or not you reference or use them.
    3. Turn off auto brightness. Set the brightness on the phone to the lowest comfortable level.
    4. If your phone supports battery profiles, select the most conservative profile that's provides you the utility that you need.
    5. Turn off auto sync on your email. When you are ready to check email just go into the app and manually sync.