• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Android

I just stepped into the modern era and got the Acer Iconia A500 Tablet.
My previous update was an HP Laptop running XP and I still have an old flip phone. I don't normally take to change just for the sake of changing and if what I have works to do what I need I'm happy.I'm an old fogy compaired to most of you (42 yrs).
I have to say I am impressed with the ease of use and all the neat things it can do. Now If I can just get it to talk to the tiny little 1TB storage device I'll be even happier.:)

Welcome to Android Forums, Sonny ;)

I got ten years on you and if you showed up at my place I'd shake my fist at you and tell you to get off my lawn. ;)

The a500 was the runner up in my tablet search, but I decided on the Asus Transformer primarily because of the IPS display. One of the things I'd heard about the full sizes USB port on the Acer was that it can be problematic with USB storage devices. It was really to add mouse or keyboard functionality (or so I've read). If your TB storage device is accessible on the network, you can access it over wifi using ES File Explorer for Android | AppBrain.com.

Glad to have another senior citizen on board. :D

Upvote 0
Wow, an Intro thread with a bunch of old folks :D (me included! :eek: ;)).

If my math is right, I'm older than Dodgeboycars but younger than lunatic59 (but not by much--not saying which, LOL).

Haven't quite pegged Frisco yet...;) :p (but I do suspect he watched and knows the same cartoons that I did/do :p).

Anyway, cheers Dodgeboycars and welcome to the AndroidForums!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones