• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to android

AxlF

Lurker
Jul 30, 2011
Hi, just noticed the friendly invite to introduce myself, so here I am. I'm AxlF from dublin, Ireland.
I switched to android because I heard so many good things about its app market and I have been using this forum for an unfortunate amount of time lately due to android market not working.
The market is a sham and a joke. I have tried practically every suggestion on here and all that has done has changed my problem from 1. stuck in downloading, to 2. vending.com. issue to 3. left me with a blackscreen and no response which forced me to go to safe mode and reset - thus losing some settings and apps.
Of course, the market still doesn't work - I'm back to eternal download stage.
The only consolation is that there are others in the same boat and that means my new phone is not broken.
When, oh when will I be able to just log on and download something easily or at least find a simple solution online?

Hi Lunatic - thanks for the reply
I have the X8. Cleared all data, force closed, deleted and re-installed vending.apk, disabled updates and even factory reset the phone.
Nothing works.
I get my apps from other sources now - but it'd be nice to use the market that the system is designed to use :(

Upvote 0
Well, I fixed it.
I just went to the Sony Ericsson website and re-installed the 2.1 software.
Backed everything up first but I still lost a few things and SE re-installed lots of junk that I had already removed.
I also had to re-root the phone using the super-one-click program (best ever!)
Long story short - Market works almost perfectly and I can now set my phone up how I like it without having to trawl the internet looking for .apk files.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones