1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New to android

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AxlF, Aug 1, 2011.

1. AxlF

AxlF Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Hi, just noticed the friendly invite to introduce myself, so here I am. I'm AxlF from dublin, Ireland.
    I switched to android because I heard so many good things about its app market and I have been using this forum for an unfortunate amount of time lately due to android market not working.
    The market is a sham and a joke. I have tried practically every suggestion on here and all that has done has changed my problem from 1. stuck in downloading, to 2. vending.com. issue to 3. left me with a blackscreen and no response which forced me to go to safe mode and reset - thus losing some settings and apps.
    Of course, the market still doesn't work - I'm back to eternal download stage.
    The only consolation is that there are others in the same boat and that means my new phone is not broken.
    When, oh when will I be able to just log on and download something easily or at least find a simple solution online?

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums, AxIf.

Sorry to hear about your frustrations with the Market. For one reason or another one phone or area seems to be seasonally problematic. I've had apps get stuck in d/l or just won't install but usually clearing the market data and reboot clears that right up.

Which phone do you have?

3. AxlF

AxlF Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Hi Lunatic - thanks for the reply
    I have the X8. Cleared all data, force closed, deleted and re-installed vending.apk, disabled updates and even factory reset the phone.
    Nothing works.
    I get my apps from other sources now - but it'd be nice to use the market that the system is designed to use :(

4. AxlF

AxlF Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Well, I fixed it.
    I just went to the Sony Ericsson website and re-installed the 2.1 software.
    Backed everything up first but I still lost a few things and SE re-installed lots of junk that I had already removed.
    I also had to re-root the phone using the super-one-click program (best ever!)
    Long story short - Market works almost perfectly and I can now set my phone up how I like it without having to trawl the internet looking for .apk files.