• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New to android

Greenybaby

Lurker
Aug 30, 2011
Ireland
Hi all :)

Forgive me if i am in the wrong section or if this has been asked before but..............

I just received a galaxy ace today and i have no idea how to use it, i must confess i was an iphone head but not anymore :) i went into the market to download a few apps, just the basic ones to get me started, so i chose facebook, solitare and angry birds, now solitare has appeared on my screen but the other 2 have not, i am assuming they have something to do with a little icon on the top left hand side of the side, it suggests 2 items are downloading, now my question is....... where can i locate these programs(just to check the progress as it is like this for ages) or do they just appear in my menu :thinking:

sorry it is probably a simple solution but it is so different to what i am used to

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones