• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Android

soko

Lurker
Jun 7, 2010
Hey Everyone,

The HTC Evo 4G is my first android phone and it is phenominal. I am not in a 4G city but that was not a deal breaker for me. This phone is so fast. I came from a palm centro... so this is a huge upgrade.

I am sure as time goes on I will have many questions. For now, i just have a couple. First, is there a way to make you contacts birthdays come up in your calendar and therefore you would be able to set reminders? Or do I need to download an app for that? Also is there a built in to do list or task list? If not can some one recommend an app or two for these questions.

Any other useful hints or app for a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Soko

I know HTC's calender can take Facebook events - if you have friends who use Facebook and post their birthdays to it, you can set it up as an event for that. From there, notifications are easy.

I have too many contacts on facebook that I don't want to see in my calendar on my phone. Anyway to sync only my contacts on my phone with the calendar?

Soko

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones