• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Androids, have questions

KeeganHCAFC

Lurker
Dec 26, 2011
This is my FIRST ever Android phone, I've been reading online about the phone (Galaxy Ace) and i see everyones talking about updates etc

I have downloaded Kies and it says i have the latest software which is 2.3.3 Gingerbread but alot of you seem to have 2.3.5 etc. I'm on Three(UK) so does anyone know when or how i can update software?

I'm aware that battery life on Androids isn't very good, i send texts, use around 30 minutes of internet a day and make calls every now and then so will my battery life last from 7am till midnight? :thinking:

Wifi is disabled i only turn it on when i use it.
Don't really game on it either only angry birds for about 10 minutes.

Any advice on Androids, apps and the Ace itself would be handy!
Thanks in advance:D

I am using 2.3.3 and it works nicely, so i will not flash a newer ROM just do have the newest version. The most stable versions are through Kies. I charge my android every night since i watch Ferguson on it before i go to sleep but the batery lasts all day, even with casual working, gaming, and browsing. For great tips, check out the top posts in this ace forum, there are very useful things in there. As in apps, i recommend ZD Box, SafeGuard and Whatsapp for starters.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones