1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

New to 'driods

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by WanderingOak, Oct 10, 2010.

1. WanderingOak

WanderingOak New Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Howdy all!
    I just picked up a pandigital novel tablet, and of course, the first thing I did was install the Android open platform kit. Of course, that wiped all of the proprietary B&N software, but I could care less. I am new to androids, but I know my way around Linux systems. So, I am slowly but surely figuring out this device, it's filesystem, capabilities, etc. Is there a good guide for android newbies out there? I've found the ES File explorer, and while it seems to do the job, to tell you the truth, I'm more used to a simple Bourne shell. I found /system/bin/sh , but for some reason, it refuses to load. Also, after 'upgrading' to the open platform kit, I am no longer able to connect to my Mac via USB (which I was able to do with the B&N software). I've got a couple dozen more questions, but these will do for now.

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

I'm not specific aware of a decent Android for Newbies though I'm sure someone has created that. Probably the best place to post your question will be in the Tablets & Mids forum.

Tablets & MIDs - Android Forums

3. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Oregon Coast
    Hi & Welcome to the Android Forums - Cheers....;)

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! I hope you feel free to join in the conversations! :D