1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New to Droid and have a few questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by danhigor, Nov 22, 2011.

1. danhigor

danhigor Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    Hi all,

I just got a Droid X for my new work phone, and was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their favorite apps with me?

I am in the IT field, newly minted consultant for small businesses, and want to try and find apps that will help me out with scheduling, project management, messaging (we use exchange, skype and text), and productivity.

Thanks in advance for any help you are able to give.

Gene

Advertisement

2. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    I think the APPS section of this site has a sticky for people nominating their favorites, but Quick Settings is one that I'd recommend as it takes ALL the various system settings and puts then in one place for you.

3. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Android Expert
    None

May 28, 2010
    Ohio - USA
    The stock calendar on Android is very bleak. There is an app called Calendar Snooze which will give you all the missing elements such as lots of repeat and snooze tools for reminder alarms. As for calendar apps, I like PimlicalA. If you ever used the very nice Datebook calendar app on the Palm OS you may recognize that the same developer, CES, made both calendars. PimlicalA is richly packed with many handy PIM features. If you can't find it on the Market, you can get it at his website, and install it after enabling the setting on your DX to allow third party apps. It's not free, but it is well worth the cost. There is also a Windows desktop version, but I can't comment on it, as I don't use it.

K9 Mail adds some nice features over the standard Gmail app.

4. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia