1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New to droid phone - Music help!

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by utkgrad101, Feb 23, 2014.

1. utkgrad101

utkgrad101 Newbie

I used to be an iPhone 4s user. The music on that was stored in the phone itself. Is the music on my LG G2 (Verizon) actually stored on the phone itself or when I am playing it is it using the 4G or wireless internet?

I don't want to eat up my data. I am still learning all the stuff on the phone and then I was wondering about this today.

TIA!! :)

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

The answer is actually "yes".

You can store music on the phone or you can play music from a cloud account, which would use your data (or wifi). This isn't Apple - you get to choose how you want to do it.

mikedt likes this.
  3. utkgrad101

utkgrad101 Newbie

How do I store the music on my phone if it isn't already? I don't want to eat up my data each month. I only have 2gs of it and I run, so I play music - a lot!

4. utkgrad101

utkgrad101 Newbie

Anyone? HELP!!! I am almost up to my limit of data usage this month and I know I have NOT used that much. It is because my music is playing from the cloud drive. How do I turn it off?

5. !on

!on Android Expert

Just stop playing from google music. Use an alternative music player that plays the music you stored on your phone. Did you copy music onto your phone?

Pull down the notification bar at the top of the screen & turn data on/off when you need it. If it's not there, you can do it in the settings menu.

Seriously I wouldn't bother with cloud just play what's on your phone already. It's OK for storing music but wth would people wanna stream their own music back to them from outer space, at lower bit rate & cost them $$$?

mikedt likes this.
  6. FourZer0

FourZer0 Newbie

Method 1: Just plug your phone into your computer, and go into it's folder. You should find a folder called Music. Just drop all your mp3s in there.

Method 2: In Google Play Music, tap the 3 dots button and tap "keep on device."

mikedt likes this.