• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New to Droid X

MGI_Gamer

Lurker
May 19, 2011
Ohio
Just got to the root of things. Used two different roms , but silly dog got my phone wet, now I have get back to out of box rom. Phone does work great tho. But I need to return it before something goes wrong, how do find stock rom.P.S. I have watched videos and read sites but no good. Please help me.Thank You

well he needs to learn to sbf first, its a step by step simple process that takes about 10-15 mins and uses somewhat 10% battery life, but its always best to make sure you have it charged at least 70% cause if your phone dies during this process i have heard it is actually impossible to restore it, but iim not willing to test that theory with my phone

rooolers guide is the best and easiest to understand, in his guide he includes the files you need, for you, make sure you get the full sbf 2.3.340 it will return you to stock froyo, reactivate the phone, and as a precaution that i tell everyone to do, make sure all traces of previous rom are removed, and so is superuser, restore all your apps, and uninstall root only apps, and then you can return the phone.

Reactions: MGI_Gamer
Upvote 0
I need the best and fastest way to make it clean and unrooted so vzn don't see that the phone was rooted. I need links please. Great help so far

well if you're already rooted and just want to get it back to stock to return it then i would search for a file called maderstcok.zip and i would flash that in Clockwork Recovery...and be done with it...

or you could SBF which takes a little bit longer...and is a little bit more involved...

Upvote 0
Before we go any further here. What makes you say you have to return the phone? You did say it runs fine right? If the DX is still running fine then I would just stick her in a box of white rice overnight.

The rice will pull any moisture out of the phone. That of course would have to be done right away before anything does go wrong with the phone.

EDIT: Just in case you're wondering, use whole white rice not instant.......lol.

Upvote 0
maderstcok is great and fast, but to remove all traces, sbf is the best, and it takes 10-15 minutes, and is definetly worth the wait, myself and steven i know recommend everyone before they start rooting get familiar with SBFing back to stock so they know what to do when the time comes

that is very true...

but a maderstcok and data wipe would remove all traces as well...and just for the simpleness of returning the phone might be the route to go...

Upvote 0
because the phone was in his dogs mouth, anything could have happened

he just wants a phone that is working 100% if he wants to return it, its his business, i agree with the rice thing, but if he is worried of impending damage that may have happened, then he should turn it in just in case.

Did you just get snippy with me?....huh huh huh......lmao....:p

How do you know the dog tried to eat the phone? He didn't say that. He said the dog got the phone wet. That could mean the dog tinkled on it.....lol....he wasn't specific.

Now if the dog tried to eat the phone then by all means return it. I was just trying to offer a solution to him if it was just a case of a small amount of water that got on the phone. That's all, no need to bite my head off.....lol

Upvote 0
That's not good gamer. Although it doesn't show any signs of water damage, water gets into every tiny area of the phone really really fast. So if that is the case then yes, return it.

EDIT: Don't feel bad gamer. My dumb brother dropped two of his phones in the toilet....lol....don't ask.

never a good idea to poop and text, bad things always happen near a toilet

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones