• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New to Droid.

Sirithe

Nov 30, 2009
Hey all, I just hopped on the Droid. I was just curious as to how hard it was to root this device, and is it extremely worth it? I had the Sprint Hero, rooted and had 2.1 months earlier than it was officially availiable. Just wondering if its the same scenario with the Droid, or if I shouldn't bother.

Also, I'm assuming it is, but just to make sure, is nandroid availiable for the Droid?

The DROID is very easy to Root as far as phones go, it is also nearly unbrickable thanks to RSDlite and leaked .sbf files.

Is it worth it? Sure is if you are a root kinda person, we have one of the most active and talented phone Development communties. Tons of ROMS, even more themes and just straight up nice people. This is a good phone to root my friend

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones