1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New to Droids

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by josh_deibler, Sep 15, 2011.

1. josh_deibler

josh_deibler Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Hey everyone,

Got my first droid the other week (Bionic). Things pretty awesome however, not sure how to use it that well. I have a few questions maybe someone can help me with.

1. Are the 4 bottons on the bottom supposed to vibrate when pushed? I turned of the vibrate for the screen buttons but these ones still buzz when touched.

2. Is there a way to sent the phone on a vibrate setting? I can put it on silent which makes phone calls vibrate but not notifications. Any help here?

3. Is there a way to get rid of the apps that I don't care about that came pre-loaded? i.d Blockbuster, books, GoToMeeting, etc.

Thanks!

Josh

Advertisement

2. multanii

multanii Member
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    Northern NY
    I just got my first one too! As far as your questions go 1. hmm not sure I like the vibrate so I havent tried to turn it off 2. I noticed that too. But I havent looked into it. 3. Unless you root the phone I dont believe you can get rid of them except lets golf and there was one other one.

josh_deibler likes this.
  3. amageus

amageus Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 24, 2009
    1. That's what's called Haptic Feedback. You can disable that under Settings/Sound/Feedback and uncheck Haptic Feedback

2. Some notifications are controlled by the apps themselves. I dont really see a setting overall for notifications. I have mine set to Vibrate always and my notifications vibrate when on silence. That option is located under Settings/Sounds/General. I just checked to make sure both eBuddy and Handcent SMS have their own setting for Vibrate in the notification.

3. That's what we like to call Bloatware. Only way to remove that stuff is by rooting. And you have to be very careful of what you remove.

josh_deibler likes this.