1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New to Evo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MBM7881, May 16, 2011.

1. MBM7881

MBM7881 Well-Known Member

hello i'm new to the evo...not so new to android. i'm coming from an epic and while it was an awesome phone i changed mainly because i didn't use the keyboard like i thought i would and i was having a few issues that kept me have to either reflash my os or wipe it. so since i've always been curious about the evo i went that route...and i have to say that i love it so far. i do have a question though...i would like to root it but researching it seems a little different than the epic. am i wrong? thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Should have waited on the EVO 3D...just my 2 cents.

3. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert

welcome! great choice. check out Unrevoked3... quick and easy root for your EVO.

4. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert

Hi and welcome! I love my EVO 4G too and I've had it since last summer. Check out the Android Central forums, the HTC EVO 4G Rooting and ROMS section. There is an excellent guide there that I used to root and install Amon Ra recovery.

Good luck and enjoy! I will probably upgrade to the EVO 3D but honestly I'm in no big hurry... I'm so satisfied with this one and it will be difficult to pass it on. ;)

5. MBM7881

MBM7881 Well-Known Member

ur right i should have...but i normally like to wait for a while (about 6-8 months) after a device comes out...just to see how its holding up all around. but fwiw i didn't buy this out right from sprint...i bought it brand new out the box from someone who had an extra one and needed the $$ and it was less thank $250. so i got a good deal i think anyways. but like i said the evo 3d does look freakin' sweet but i just like waiting so i can see how the new device is doing and such and how people who have it like it.

6. ardchoille

ardchoille Android Expert

+1

I used Unrevoked3 to root my Evo 4G and was surprised how easy it was. Unrevoked3 does everything for you.

Good luck :)

7. midmadn

midmadn Newbie

I would use unrevoked 3 to root and then flash AmonRA 2.3

8. beastinbolts

beastinbolts Android Expert

+1 after u root.... switch to Amos RA... and ditch Rom manager..... lots of problems people have with thoes two

9. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Or try THIS and amon ra v2.3 will be your recovery when finished

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews