• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New to flashing roms, several ???

flyingyogi

Lurker
Aug 18, 2010
I finally rooted with revolutionary because I got tired of all the updates that promised improvements but caused other problems.
I was happy with Froyo, everything worked and I had good battery life. If I flash a Froyo rom, do I have to flash the stand alone version or the all in one version. Or do the radios, wimax etc stay from GB.
I also want to remove bloatware. I am willing to flash a GB version, if everything works, ie gps, wifi n, compass, 4g etc.

I finally rooted with revolutionary because I got tired of all the updates that promised improvements but caused other problems.
I was happy with Froyo, everything worked and I had good battery life. If I flash a Froyo rom, do I have to flash the stand alone version or the all in one version. Or do the radios, wimax etc stay from GB.
I also want to remove bloatware. I am willing to flash a GB version, if everything works, ie gps, wifi n, compass, 4g etc.
just flash away. no need to do anything else other then flash away. but just so you know. the gingerbread roms we have out now are amazing. try mikg2.45 to start. it has sense 2.1 with some sprinkles of sense 3.0. just make anandroid backup and try it out if you do notlike it you can go always restore your nandroid backup.

Reactions: flyingyogi
Upvote 0

Radios do not change unless you flash a radio zip or an all in one rom like Sprint Lover's. There are a ton of GB roms that have Sense 2.1 and 3.0 in them. Try MikG 2.45. It is stable, fast and very well done. Links are in the Rom/Kernels download thread.

Reactions: flyingyogi
Upvote 0
I will give MIKG a try, can I put more than 1 rom on the sd card, so that I can change them on the fly?
Seems that I could select the rom to load using Amonra.
Well, kind of. It's not like dualbooting your comp. This would be like having many dvd drives, each with a different os install disc on it. So you boot into recovery and 'choose' what disc to install from (rom).

You can make several nandroids, and restore different ones when you need a feature though. But, if I were you, I'd just try to find a rom after a week or so that you could settle down with it.

Upvote 0
Well, kind of. It's not like dualbooting your comp. This would be like having many dvd drives, each with a different os install disc on it. So you boot into recovery and 'choose' what disc to install from (rom).

You can make several nandroids, and restore different ones when you need a feature though. But, if I were you, I'd just try to find a rom after a week or so that you could settle down with it.

Thanks, maybe in a few more years we can dual boot :)

Upvote 0
I flashed mikg 2.45, I do like it, it is fast and feels allot like the original but better. Took me a few minutes to set it up and install swype. Thanks for the suggestion.
Flashing a new rom was easier than I thought, might have to try a few other ones when I get tired of this.
I might have caught the flash bug. :))

Upvote 0
I flashed mikg 2.45, I do like it, it is fast and feels allot like the original but better. Took me a few minutes to set it up and install swype. Thanks for the suggestion.
Flashing a new rom was easier than I thought, might have to try a few other ones when I get tired of this.
I might have caught the flash bug. :))

be very careful otherwise you will be joining us flashaholics.:D if you like mikg try mik3d. amazing!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones